The client is one of the largest manufacturers of vehicles in the world.
- South Africa
The client was launching new dealerships in multiple cities and required a content-driven community engagement campaign that drove foot-traffic to their dealerships.
Their primary objective was to garner foot traffic at new dealerships with a specific growth rate over a 90-day period.
Their secondary objective was to provide more test-drives to potential customers and initiate sales at their new dealerships.
STRATEGY AND EXECUTION
The content strategy involved a public relations campaign led by print and electronic media coverage of dealership launches as news items – along with supporting advertising in print media – Blue Krill was not involved in both exercises.
Our involvement came in creating a simple way to gather customer information through point-of-sale applications and online traffic. This was followed by a targeted email campaign that:
• Segmented the mailing list based on vehicle-specific interested displayed by clients (as observed by dealership sales staff)
• Sent out emails providing information, vehicle deals, Volvo partner deals for insurance or financing, and other informative messaging
- Client’s mailing list grew from double-digits to over 300,000 with 75% requesting information through the website
- Mailing list was divided into 6-segments based on vehicle models available
- Email campaigns had an average of 28% clickthrough rate on a 64% open-rate (average) during the 90-day period